Sunday, June 16, 2013

ABNA 2013 Winner and My Year Since ABNA 2012

Congratulations to Rysa Walker and her book Timebound, the Grand Prize Winner of the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest! YA rules! Best of luck to you, Rysa.


Seeing this announcement this morning made me a little nostalgic for this day last year, June 16, 2012, when I was in Seattle for the 2012 ABNA ceremony. Since then, a lot has happened and changed for me: In July 2012, I published my first two books. In August 2012, I signed with my agent. I also wrote another book.

And something unexpected happened too. I met five people in Seattle, authors like me who I like to refer to as my ABNA peeps. A year later, the six of us still keep in touch and we all support/commiserate/cheer each other on in our writing endeavors. Regina, Alan, Chuck, Brian, Casey...I feel privileged to have met you all. Does anyone want some gravlax? (Yes, we even have inside jokes).

It's been an amazing year since my ABNA, and I can't wait to see what's around the next corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!